Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Alone

I sit ALONE in silence,
My mind is telling me, "Scream!"
"Let it all out, be defiant",
But no, something is stopping me.

Close the door, pull down the shades,
This is the time when the closet's skeletons come out to play ..

I don't know what to say,
Not even a way to explain
Why I am this way.

It hurts so much to hold it all inside,
But it seems somewhat necessary because of my pride.

I open my mouth yet I hear no sound,
As I come to realize, there's noone around.
Nothing to be seen,
In this dark room of silent screams...

I try to get up from this bed,
Time to leave this lonely room,
Listening only to the voices in my head,
They tell me stay, they're right I assume.

Because what else is there to see out there?
A cruel world where noone actually cares?
I've been alone for quite some time,
Becoming used to this solitary confinement in my mind.

The voices speak a story I refuse to tell,
My inner thoughts begin to speak to myself,
With so many repressed memories,
How can you achieve success mentally?

Its a bitter feeling when you're trapped in your own thoughts.
This is a battle that I've continuously fought.
Silent screams I've longed to let out,
Finally form into words I never thought would spout.

But yet, I still find myself ALONE in this dark room,
The voices won't allow me to leave,
I've become settled into my own tomb,
I guess you can say, my final resting place to grieve.

5 comments:

  1. So ur trapped inside of urself?? That's what I'm getting from this but no one cares when u try to call for help? it almost sounds rebellious because of ur defiant comment too. Its cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv it! Very talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow crazy ... all i gotta say is that you got mad talent ... keep it up ma !!

    ReplyDelete