Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Goodbye, Lover

I have to ask myself, where did we go wrong?
As I drown my sorrows in this bottle of Patron.
I feel this emptiness inside of me.
I've fallen apart, like pieces of debris.
No, I won't let any tears fall from my eyes,
Better off being single than living in a lie.
I tried to express my undying love,
But I guess that just wasn't enough.
What more can a heartbroken girl ask for?
Just someone different from the ones before.
I tried to give you my all & you became my downfall.
Now, back to building up the walls.
Its difficult when you expect things to go a certain way.
When I was ready to turn over a new page.
Now I'll show my tears through my words,
Kinda feels like I'm moving backwards.
Where do I go now from here?
I gave everything I could, my dear.
Nothing left after all this time,
Can't say I don't love you,
I'd be lying in my mind
And we know I've spoken the truth.
Its sad it has to be the end,
When we didn't even start right.
I'll have to accept you as just a friend,
All I really wanted was my knight.
So this is the moment where we must part,
And I say goodbye, my heart.
You were once a part of me,
Now you've become nothing but a distant memory.

2 comments:

  1. That was some Real Deep Shit. I felt that. Nice n Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man u got me thinking hard there. I love it. Best one yet. That's person lost sumthing great. U have a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete